R. Bell & Associates, PC CPAs is currently seeking a full-time experienced staff accountant to join our team of dedicated professionals in Durango, CO.
Our firm specializes in highly-skilled tax return preparation as well as personalized financial guidance and other accounting services. We are a trusted business advisor to many local individuals and businesses. We value hard work, professionalism, a growth mindset, and a positive attitude.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing tax returns for individuals, estates and trusts, S and C corporations, and partnerships
- Preparing extensions
- Preparing tax projections
- Preparing accurate tax workpapers
- Conducting tax research
- Making journal entries for year-end close including bank reconciliation
- Generating trial balance and financial statements
- Responding to IRS and state tax notices
- Communicating with clients to obtain necessary information for tax return completion.
The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of accounting principles and tax preparation. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Proficient in both general and accounting-related computer software with preferred experience in UltraTax, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office
- Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team environment
This is a great opportunity to work for a firm that can provide professional development and fulfillment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance options, holiday and paid time off, and a 401(k) plan.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please